Return to School from March 8th 2021
- All primary settings will return in full on March 8;
- The general in-school H&S Covid protocols have not changed from the position in December in respect of monitoring symptoms, social distancing, mask wearing in communal areas where 2m distance cannot be maintained and regular hand washing;
- Primary school staff will continue to be expected to take two rapid coronavirus (COVID-19) tests each week at home to identify positive cases more quickly and break the chains of transmission;
- Wraparound care can restart on March 8.
- The general in-school H&S Covid protocols have not changed from December in respect of monitoring symptoms, social distancing, mask wearing in communal areas where 2m distance cannot be maintained and regular hand washing;
- The new updates for secondaries schools are:
- face coverings throughout the school setting, including classrooms, when 2m distance cannot be maintained, and
- asymptomatic testing for secondary students
- Students are strongly encouraged to take up testing but it is voluntary and will not prevent return;
- Students will return to school after the first negative test – and will take three tests in school, with a 3-5 day gap between each test;
- After the first three tests, students will begin at-home testing, no earlier than the week beginning 15 March; further guidance will follow from the Government for the twice-weekly (every 3-5 days) at-home testing for secondary students;
- Secondary school staff will also continue to be provided with two tests to use each week at home.
- Snowdon Village has remained open to the majority of children and young people throughout the lockdown. The changes to the wearing of face coverings and the introduction of home-testing for students outlined below will apply according to the arrangements for the appropriate phase (primary / secondary).
Further Help and Support
For specific support or questions regarding your child returning to in-person learning from March 8, please do not hesitate to contact your academy as soon as possible.