Since the start of the pandemic, our Cabot Learning Federation academies have taken steps to minimise the spread of Covid-19, in line with guidance issued by our local Directors of Public Health and in response to Government updates.
The Government has now requested, in light of the recently identified Omicron variant, that all adults in all settings to wear a face covering in communal areas until at least the end of this term.
This means that all staff, parents/carers and visitors to our schools will be asked to wear a face covering in indoor communal areas from Tuesday, November 30, until at least the end of this term. We would also ask parents/carers and visitors to wear a face covering when on the school premises, including at pick up and drop off.
What we are doing in our academies
- We will not be holding large gatherings indoors in any Cabot Learning Federation academy with mixed age groups until at least the end of term. Any gatherings planned before the end of term in any of our academies have been checked on a case by case basis with Public Health England to ensure our controls are appropriate. Any events currently planned may have to be cancelled if that guidance changes.
- We will continue to maintain enhanced cleaning routines.
- We will keep spaces well ventilated; this may occasionally mean that your child will be invited to wear their coat indoors.
- All staff, parents/carers and visitors should wear a face covering indoors in communal areas. We would also ask parents/carers and visitors to wear a face covering when on the school premises, including at pick up and drop off.
What we need our families to do
- Please ensure that your child stays at home if they are unwell with Covid symptoms and arrange for them to have a PCR test. If the result is positive, they should isolate for 10 days, in line with national guidance.
- If your child has COVID symptoms, but the PCR test is negative, they must continue to stay at home until they are well enough to return and until 24 hours after the fever passes. (Your academy will update you further, should more guidance be available on this point).
- If someone in your household tests positive, your child may still come to school until their own PCR test result comes through if they take a lateral flow test each day and continue to receive a negative result. If you are given different advice by Test and Trace please following their guidance and advise your school.
Thank you for your considerable support throughout this period, and for your flexibility in continuing to work with these new, revised arrangements.
Your academy will continue to keep you updated with any changes to our Covid controls as we are asked to make them in the interests of public health.