January 2021 Plans for Secondary Schools
Secondary schools will be a focus for mass rapid testing for staff and pupils from the start of next term. The first day of term, Monday 4 January has already been planned as an in-service training day for staff, which means that the school will not be open for students. In line with Government guidance, we will then operate a staggered return as follows:
Tuesday 5 January – Friday 8 January
- Monday 4 January: this is a planned staff training day.
- Tuesday 5 January – Friday 8 January: all secondary schools remain closed* and remote learning will be provided. (All primary school pupils return to school.)
*Except for students whose parents/carers are categorised as critical workers and have requested to attend school by completing the form available from school website.
*And except for students who have an EHCP or who are classed as vulnerable – school will have contacted to invite to attend.
Monday 11 January
- Monday 11 January – Friday 15 January: Year 11 and Year 13 students return to school
- All other year groups will have remote learning provided.
- Students will be invited in at specific times to complete Covid-19 rapid-results tests.
Monday 18 January
- All students return to school (staggered arrival times for Covid-19 testing)
- All students in all year groups attend school for face-to-face lessons.
There have been a number of changes over recent days. To ensure that you have the most up-to-date information, your academy will update you on Monday 4th January with additional information, including how to access schoolwork.