We provide excellent training and development opportunities within the Federation, including a full induction programme for newly qualified and experienced teachers.
Training is both local and/or delivered through our excellent stand-alone training facility at the CLF Institute.
The CLF Institute training and development programmes benefit from the resources and experience across our Federation. These include:
- Phase and subject experts who teach students from ages 3-19
- Professional service leaders with expertise in Finance, Governance, Health & Safety, Human Resources, IT/EdTech, Safeguarding and Communications
- Education leaders with diverse experience at all levels
- A decade of experience supporting new teachers, from initial teacher training through newly qualified and early career stage
- Dedicated professional development venues at the CLF Institute
In addition, the team at the Institute organise and host conferences for internal and external colleagues to support education, training and development and share best practice.
The Institute is also home to the Boolean Maths Hub, which works with schools and colleges to support the continuous improvement of mathematics education for all students in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset & South Gloucestershire.
The Cabot Learning Federation is a delivery partner for the Five Counties Teaching School Hubs Alliance. The Alliance, utilising the skills and experience of our Institute team, supports more than 700 schools in Bristol, North Somerset, Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Bath & North East Somerset with the Early Career Framework (ECF), National Professional Qualifications (NPQs), Initial Teacher Training (ITT) and bespoke Continuous Professional Development (CPD).