We are looking forward to welcoming all children back to school in the autumn. In line with the Government’s guidance safety remains high priority and we will be “Minimising contacts and mixing, while delivering a broad and balanced curriculum”.
The guiding principles we continue to follow are these:
- keep people safe and support each other
- support students to learn over time and prepare for next steps
- ensure support for our most vulnerable
- promote positive mental health and wellbeing
- promote equity (people have what they need, rather than the same).
Our Health & Safety experts have carried out detailed academy specific Risk Assessments which have been reviewed regularly as guidance to schools has been published.
The first of the government’s five controls to minimise risk of infection is to minimise contact with anyone who has any coronavirus symptoms, or anyone who has someone in their household with symptoms.
Therefore we want to stress that if your child has any of the symptoms (fever, a new cough, loss of smell/taste) they must not come to school. If anyone in your household has any of these symptoms, your child must not come to school